Before Button Configuration:
1. Set up an Amazon Web Service (AWS) Account.
2. Download the AWS 1-Click App from either the iOS App Store or Google’s Play Store.
3. Order an AT&T LTE-M Button here:
Adding, Claiming and Enabling the Button
Once you receive your LTE-M Button follow these steps to configure:
1. Open box by prying open the panel on the end that has the white sticker.
2. Configure the Button on your mobile device by opening the AWS IoT 1-Click and signing in with your AWS password. This opens the app for button configuration on the setup tab. Press the Claim with Device ID button.
3. Press the scan button to scan the serial number on the box (You can enter the serial number manually if you have lost the box).
4. Scan the Serial Number (SN) barcode on the box with your mobile device, or type in the SN number located on the device. The SN will auto-populate on the screen, press the claim button to add this button to your AWS Account.
5. Click the button on the AT&T LTE-M device and press the finish button to finalize the claim. The LED light on the button will turn a solid green once it has successfully transmitted data to AWS. Once you see “Claim Succeeded” message on the screen, press the ‘Finish’ button.
6. Press the devices tab at the bottom of the screen to view the device in the app. Click on the device in the list to enable it.
7. On the next screen, click on the ‘enable’ slider.
Configuring the Action for the Button
1. Log on to your AWS Console.
2. Click All Services, navigate to → Internet of Things → IoT 1-Click
3. Choose the 1-Click Service, this is what you will use to assign a Lambda Function to the device.
4. On the left hand side of the screen you will see the menu for managing 1-Click Devices
5. Click on the Manage Option in the 1-Click Menu
6. Create a test project to attach for the AT&T LTE-M Button. Press the ‘Create a Project’ button.
7. Enter a Project name and Description and press the ‘Next’ button.
8. Press Start to Define a Device Template for the Lambda Function you want the device to use.
9. Name the template, and set an action (Lambda Function). In this case, choose ‘Send SMS’.
10. A confirmation screen will appear, press the ‘Create Placements’ button.
11. On the next screen, give the placement a name.
12. Scroll down to Create Placements and enter a device placement name and enter a phone number (+1xxxxxxxxxx) and write a message in the placement attributes. Press ‘Create Project’.
13. Press ‘Choose a Device’ to add the AT&T Button to this placement, click on ‘Choose’ to the right of the available devices on the screen, and then press the ‘Create Placement’ button at the bottom of the screen.
14. You will now see this device in the Placements for this Project.
15. Press the button once on the AT&T LTE-M Device. When the light on the device turns solid green a text is sent to the specified number.
Download a PDF of this blog: AT&T LTE-M Button Configuration