Before Button Configuration:
1. Set up an Amazon Web Service (AWS) Account.
2. Download the AWS 1-Click App from either the iOS App Store or Google’s Play Store.
3. Order an AT&T LTE-M Button here: https://marketplace.att.com/products/att-lte-m-button
Once you receive your LTE-M Button follow these steps to configure:
1. Open box by prying open the panel on the end that has the white sticker.
2. Scan the sticker on the side of the box with the AWS 1-Click App. If you do not have the box available, you can always type in the SN code located on the device when you are in the app.
3. Configure the Button on your mobile device by opening the 1-Click App and signing in with your AWS password. This opens the app for button configuration.
4. Click “Agree and Get Started” to set up your Button.
5. Scan the Serial Number (SN) barcode on the box with your mobile device, or type in the SN number located on the device. The SN will auto-populate on the screen, press the claim button to add this button to your AWS Account.
6. Click the button on the AT&T LTE-M device and press the finish button to finalize the claim. The LED light on the button will turn a solid green once it has successfully transmitted data to AWS. Once you see “Claim Succeeded” message on the screen, press the Finish Button.
7. Log on to your AWS Console.
8. Click All Services, navigate to → Internet of Things → IoT 1-Click
9. Choose the 1-Click Service, this is what you will use to assign a Lambda Function to the device
10. On the left hand side of the screen you will see the menu for managing 1-Click Devices
11. Click on the Manage Option in the 1-Click Menu
12. Create a test project to attach for the AT&T LTE-M Button. Press the Create a Project button.
13. Enter a Project name and Description and press the next button.
14. Press Start to Define a Device Template for the Lambda Function you want the device to use.
15. Name the template, and set an action (Lambda Function). In this case, choose Send SMS.
16. Scroll down to Create Placements and enter a device placement name and enter a phone number (+1xxxxxxxxxx) and write a message in the placement attributes.
17. Press Choose a Device to add the AT&T Button to this placement, click on Choose to the right of the available devices on the screen, and then press the Create Placement Button at the bottom of the screen…
18. You will now see this device in the Placements for this Project.
19. Press the button once on the AT&T LTE-M Device. When the light on the device turns solid green a text is sent to specified the number.